Perkins Banana Nut Muffins
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 2/3 cups mashed bananas
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons apple butter
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup fruit sweetener
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a regular size muffin tin with
- Toast the walnuts in the oven for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow the nuts to cool, then coarsely chop them with a knife or with the pulsing action
in a food processor.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in the order listed until well blended.
- Sift together the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Make a well in
the center, and stir in the wet mix. When half mixed, stir in the toasted walnuts.
Be careful not to over-mix - the batter should remain lumpy.
- Using a rounded #12 scoop (1/2 cup) place the batter into the prepared muffin
- Bake the muffins on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes,
turning the muffin tin once if necessary to allow for even browning.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
Source: Posted by Jack 14 May 2000