Perkins Restaurant Pancakes
- 4 cups Bisquick or Jiffy Baking Mix
- 3 jumbo eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups club soda, room temperature
- 1/4 cup melted vegetable shortening, room temperature
- Place the dry pancake mix into a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, club soda and melted
margarine. Use a wire whisk to mix carefully until there are no lumps (don't
- Allow the batter to rest while you preheat your griddle or skillet
over medium-high heat. Use about 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the preheated skillet
for each pancake; use 1/2 cup batter for each pancake. Flip pancake only once when
you see open bubbles appear on the surface and the edges appear dry around the pancake.
Makes about 10 pancakes 8 inches in diameter.