Petioles Restaurant Raspberry
Chocolate Crème Brulee
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 32 fresh raspberries
- 4 (7-ounce) ramekins
- Heat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Mix egg yolks, sugar, vanilla extract, cream and cocoa powder in a bowl until
creamy. You will have lumps of cocoa powder in the mixture, don’t worry; this is
- Put 8 fresh raspberries into each of four ramekins.
- Fill each ramekin about three-fourths full with the egg mixture and place in
baking pan. Fill pan with hot water, about half way up the sides of the ramekins.
Gently put the baking pan in the preheated 275 degree F oven and bake for 1 hour.
- When the crème brulee is done, take the ramekins out of the pan and refrigerate
overnight. You will notice the cocoa powder did not melt all the way leaving little
chocolate crisps in your now ready to eat crème brûlée.
Enjoy this recipe anytime with a glass of Glenora Raspberry Rosé or Port.
Source: Chef William Cornelius of Petioles Restaurant at Logan Ridge Winery