Petioles Restaurant Tidings Torte
- 1 Sara Lee Pound Cake (thawed)
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Slice pound cake horizontally into as many layers as you can (6 at least), stacking
layers so you can re-assemble the cake as it was when you started.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the coffee in a double boiler or the microwave.
If melting in the microwave take the chips out before they are completely melted
and stir them to finish melting. This will prevent burning.
- Add vanilla extract and sour cream and stir until well blended.
- With wax paper under the bottom layer begin spreading the chocolate mixture over
each layer and restack the layers as they were originally. After putting on the
last layer, cover the outside of the cake with the chocolate mixture.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
- Slice very thin and serve with Glenora Port.
Source: Chef William Cornelius of Petioles Restaurant at Logan Ridge Winery