Phillips Seafood Fried Green Tomatoes
- Green tomato, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Butter, for cooking
- Brown Sugar
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Coat both sides of tomato with seasoned flour. Fry one side in butter until well
- Place in oven safe pan, browned side down, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place in broiler until brown sugar begins to bubble.
- Serve immediately.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine April 26, 2001.
Source: Executive Chef Michael Hamby - Tysons Corner, Virginia