Planet Hollywood Thai Shrimp Pasta
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3/4 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot and spicy oil (chili oil can be substituted)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly chopped ginger root
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Thai Sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter (about)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (16 to 20 or 26 to 30 count)
- 1 cup julienne-cut vegetables (celery, carrots, bell pepper and/or onion)
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts, divided
- 10 ounces uncooked linguine, cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion (to garnish)
- Prepare Thai Sauce and set aside.
- Thai Sauce: Place all ingredients except crushed red pepper in blender and blend
well. Place in storage container. Mix in crushed pepper. Use 1/2 cup or more to
make Thai Shrimp Pasta, and refrigerate remaining sauce. Sauce keeps 4 to 5 days.
- Shrimp Pasta: Place butter and garlic in clean, heated sauté pan. Cook 1 minute. Add shrimp,
cook 3 minutes, turning occasionally to cook evenly. Add additional butter if pan
becomes too dry.
- Add cut vegetables, half of the cilantro and half of the peanuts. Add 1/2 cup
Thai Sauce (or more to taste) and mix.
- Add shrimp/vegetable mixture to pasta, tossing well to coat. Remove shrimp from
- Divide pasta with vegetables and sauce between 2 serving bowls. Place reserved
shrimp, tails up, around rims of bowls, facing toward middle. Garnish center of
each bowl with the onions, remaining peanuts and cilantro.
Makes 2 servings.
Additional Thai sauce can be added to this dish or remaining sauce can
be refrigerated 4 to 5 days and used in another dish.
Source: Planet Hollywood Restaurant - Chicago, Illinois
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.