Platinum Grill Oyster Rockefeller Stew
- 13 ounces fresh oysters
- 5 strips bacon, diced
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 9 ounces cognac
- 1/2 gallon heavy cream
- Large handful spinach
- 6 ounces granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Put onions and bacon into a large saucepan, cooking over a low heat, sweating
onions until they become translucent. When the onions and bacon have browned, add
oysters and cognac. Watch out for the flame! Drizzle a little olive oil into the
pot as needed to keep ingredients from sticking to pan.
- Cook down cognac.
- Add cream and bring ingredients to boil.
- Add sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- When sauce thickens, add spinach and additional salt and pepper if needed.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.