Plaza III Steak Soup
- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart plus 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon MSG (such as Accent) (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon beef base paste
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- Cook ground chuck in a skillet over medium heat until meat is well-browned; drain
and set aside.
- Place chopped onions, celery and carrots in a small saucepan; add water just
to cover. Heat to boiling and boil just until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain
and set aside.
- Melt margarine in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and blend
until smooth. Gradually stir in 1 quart plus 1 cup water. Cook, stirring, until
hot, smooth and thickened.
- Stir in monosodium glutamate (if using), pepper, beef base and tomatoes.
Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in browning sauce, frozen mixed vegetables,
cooked vegetables and browned meat. Cover and cook over medium heat 30 minutes,
Yield: about 1 1/2 quarts
Per 1-cup serving: 346 calories (61 percent from fat), 24 grams total fat
(6 grams saturated), 28 milligrams cholesterol, 24 grams carbohydrates, 11grams
protein, 359 milligrams sodium, 2 grams dietary fiber
Source: Plaza III, The Steakhouse - published in the Kansas City Star
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.