Ponzu Restaurant Chicken Wings with
Caramel-Black Pepper Glaze
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 to 2 quarts vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Cut the chicken wings into 2 pieces, cutting at the joint. Remove the wing tips
and reserve for stock, if desired.
- Heat the oil in a large pot to 375 degrees F.
- Add the chicken wings and fry for about 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown
and crispy. Remove the wings to paper towels to drain.
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan; place over medium-high heat
until the sugar turns a light caramel color, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the fish sauce. The sauce will boil vigorously. Return
to medium heat and cook until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Stir in the pepper.
- Toss the chicken wings with the sauce and serve.
Source: Ponzu Restaurant - San Francisco, California
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.