Ponzu Sticky Hoisin Ribs
- 1 bunch scallions, divided use
- 2 cups soy sauce, divided use
- 3 quarts water
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup whole star anise
- 1/4 pound ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup sherry wine
- 5 pounds pork ribs, cut between the bones
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup rice or sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup ginger, cut in matchsticks
- Zest of 1 lemon zest
- Combine 4 scallions, 11/4 cups soy sauce, water, salt, star anise, ginger and
sherry in pot; bring to boil.
- Add ribs; simmer until tender, about 90 minutes.
- Drain; discard liquid. Set ribs aside.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup soy sauce, hoisin, sugar, lemon juice and vinegar in
mixing bowl; whisk until smooth.
- Toss ribs with sauce and ginger matchsticks. Place on cooking sheet; bake at
450 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Stir; bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice remaining scallions; combine with lemon zest as garnish.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine May 29, 2001.
Source: Executive Chef John Beardsley, Ponzu, San Francisco
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.