Popeye's Cajun Rice
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely diced bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 4 cups long grain rice, cooked and drained
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In fry pan stir ground beef and bell pepper. Cook over medium high heat until
beef loses its pink color and bell pepper is soft.
- Remove excess grease. Turn temperature
down to medium or medium low.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir and cook together
until ground beef is completely cooked and liquid is gone - about 25 to 35 minutes.
- More Creole seasoning and red pepper may be added for taste.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.