Popeye's Crispy Crawfish Remoulade Salad
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 cup finely diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup Zatarain's Creole Mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1/6 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 green onion, diced on an angle
- 1/2 tomato, cut into wedges
- Sugared Lemon Juice: In a small cup, place 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and then
pour in 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar. Mix so the sugar dissolves in the lemon
- Remoulade: In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/8 cup Zatarain's
Creole Mustard, 1/8 cup finely diced tomatoes, 2 teaspoon ground paprika and 1/2
tablespoon chopped parsley. Blend ingredients together until thoroughly mixed. (Place
in refrigerator to keep cold.)
- Crawfish: Spread out Popeye's Crispy Crawfish (or Popeye's Popcorn Shrimp)
on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 5 to 8 minutes or uncovered
in a microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Assembly: Remove core from Iceberg lettuce. Then, remove the outside two layers
of lettuce and any other brown sections. Cut lettuce in half perpendicularly and
then cut the halves into three sections. Use one of the sections for your base.
Fan out the iceberg lettuce on a plate. Drizzle the sugared lemon juice solution onto the
lettuce. Place the Crispy Crawfish on top of lettuce, followed by the Remoulade
Dressing. Garnish with tomato wedges, green onion and add a sprinkle of paprika
for flare. Your salad is complete.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 6/7/02 6:53:11 am.
Source: Created by Popeye's Chef Gavin Estes
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.