Popeye's Famous Fried Chicken
- 6 cups vegetable oil or olive oil, for frying
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 eggs
- 1 frying chicken with skin, cut into pieces
- Heat oil over medium heat in a deep fryer or in a deep cast iron skillet on the
- Combine the flour, salt, peppers and paprika in a bowl.
- Break eggs into another bowl, and beat until well blended.
- Check temperature of oil by dropping a pinch of the flour mixture into pan. If
the bubbles rapidly around the flour, it will be the right temperature.
- Dip each piece of chicken into eggs; then coat generously with the flour mixture.
Drop each piece into the hot oil and fry for 15 to 25 minutes or until the chicken
is a dark golden brown.
- Drain chicken on paper towels and serve warm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.