Potawatomi Casino Restaurants Fry Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 cup salted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup high-quality, whole-kernel canned corn
- 2 tablespoons clover honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fry Bread: Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together into bowl. Lightly stir in
milk. Add more flour as necessary to make a dough that can be handled.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface, and knead and work dough with floured hands
until smooth. Pinch off fist-size lumps and shape into disks. Each will have its
own characteristic shape. (Shape affects the taste because of how it fries.) For
Indian tacos, disk must be rather flat with a depression, almost a hole in the center
of both sides. Make it that way also if fry bread will have sauce over it. Smaller,
round disks are for serving on plates.
- Deep-fry in vegetable oil (about 375 degrees F) until golden and done on both
sides, about 5 minutes.
- Drain on absorbent paper toweling.
- Honey-Corn Butter: Place all ingredients except 1/4 cup of the butter in food processor and process
until smooth. Add remaining butter and process a moment or two.
- Serve with warm fry bread.
Makes 8 to 10 small disks or 5 large ones for Indian tacos; about 1 cup
Source: Executive Chef Michael Durham - Fire Pit Sports Bar and Grill - Potawatomi
Casino Restaurants - Wisconsin
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.