Printer's Row Scalloped Potatoes
with Jalapeno Chiles
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped, divided
- 12 potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ground nutmeg to taste
- 3 cups skim milk, divided
- 4 cups Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup jalapeno chile, finely chopped
- Per portion: Heat 1 teaspoon butter in 6-inch skillet. Add 1 tablespoon onion;
- Add 1 sliced potato with salt, pepper and nutmeg; stir gently.
- Smooth layer of potatoes; add 1/4 cup milk. Simmer 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with 1 ounce Parmesan cheese.
- Pour 2 tablespoons cream over top and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon jalapeno.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Yield: 12 portions
Source: Chef-Owner Michael Foley, Printer's Row, Chicago, Illinois
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.