Quivey's Grove Turtle Pie
- 1/4 cup cream
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon gelatin
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup melted chocolate chips
- 1/2 pint whipping cream, whipped
- Melted chocolate and pecan pieces for garnish
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan. Cook over medium
heat until it reaches 227 degrees F on a candy thermometer. Add pecans and pour
into the pie shell. Cool.
- In another saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and gelatin. Add
the egg yolks and mix until smooth. Add milk, stirring constantly over medium
heat until it reaches 160 degrees F on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat
and stir in melted chocolate chips. Cool.
- Fold the whipped cream in the cooled mixture and pour over the candy layer
in the pie crust. Drizzle melted chocolate and sprinkle with pecan pieces and
Posted by artsycook at Recipe Goldmine - April 2001.
Source: Quivey's Grove Restaurant, Madison, Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes