Raagini Indian Restaurant
Murgh-e-Makhani (Chicken Delight)
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 tablespoon minced, fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sliced almonds
- Coriander leaves
- In a bowl blend the yogurt, the lemon juice, the salt and the garam masala until
smooth. Add the chicken and mix well to evenly coat the chicken. Allow to marinate
for 30 minutes.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers and grill over medium heat until browned on all
sides. Remove from the fire and keep warm.
- In a ceramic mortar bowl add the ginger and garlic and grind it into a paste
using a pestle.
- In a skillet over medium heat add the cream, the ginger-garlic paste, the tomato
paste and the salt and bring to a boil. Simmer with frequent mixing for 10 minutes.
- Add the chunks of grilled chicken and simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- Evenly divide the chunks of chicken with the sauce onto 4 heated plates. Garnish
the dish with sliced almonds and coriander leaves.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Raagini Indian Restaurant, Mountainside, New Jersey
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.