Ragtime Cafe Grilled Tuna with
Ginger, Soy and Scallion Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced wet garlic
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
- 4 (7 ounce) tuna fillets
- Garlic pepper
- In a mixing bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients.
- In a small saucepan on medium, heat olive oil, scallions and garlic about 3 minutes until scallions sizzle.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until smooth.
- Tuna: Coat 4 (7 ounce) tuna fillets with unsalted butter and garlic pepper. Grill on each side about 4 to 5 minutes, turning halfway through to make diamond-shaped marks on tuna.
- When done, spoon sauce over tuna steaks.