Rainforest Cafe Caribe Coconut Chicken
with Honey Mustard Sauce
Where else can you dine within the rainforest, yet be minutes from a Disney adventure!
The Rainforest Cafe operates two popular, theme restaurants at Walt Disney World.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, 1/3- to 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 cup water
- Deep fryer or deep skillet
- Vegetable oil (for deep frying)
Rainforest Cafe Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/3 cup honey mustard (French's)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Chicken: Trim chicken breast so the pieces will measure 4" long and about 2 1/2"
wide. Sprinkles sugar and salt over chicken breast and place in a zip lock bag and
marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- When chicken breast are ready to be prepared, rinse lightly and drain. Place
coconut, cornstarch, and flour in a bowl and mix well.
- In separate bowl place beaten eggs and add water, blend well. Have oil hot and
ready to fry chicken breast. Dip chicken breast in egg wash and then place chicken
breast in coconut mixture, coated well. Carefully place chicken in hot oil and cook
until lightly golden. Remove and place on a paper towel. When frying chicken do
not crowd and keep a check on the oil so it does not burn.
- The coconut chicken was served with the honey mustard on top of the chicken pieces,
we have elected to serve the sauce on the side. For presentation and tasty side
compliment. Slice a ripe pineapple in 1/8-inch pieces and cut the round slices in
half. Lightly sauté the pineapple in a non stick sauce pan that has been sprayed
with a non stick spray just until heated through. The pineapple will turn more intense
yellow. Serving fresh sauté ed pineapple is also great with a pork entree.
- Honey Mustard Dressing: Mix mustard, mayonnaise and cayenne pepper together and
blend well. Place in a covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.
Serving size: 4 to 6
This sauce can be used on a variety of meats, and even salads.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 7/10/01 11:29:49 am.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.