Rainforest Cafe Coconut Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf white bread
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 cups Coco Lopez
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups pasteurized egg product
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch squares and slice the apricots into 1/4-inch strips.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk, Coco Lopez and vanilla extract with 1/2
cup sugar over medium heat, stirring well. Do not boil.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and slowly
add the hot milk to the egg mixture, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a 13 x 9-inch pan, place the bread and the milk mixture. Using a wooden spoon,
carefully combine the ingredients. Allow to soak for 10 minutes.
- Add the apricots and coconut and gently incorporate.
- Press the apricots down in the bread mixture to avoid burning. Cover the pan
with plastic wrap and then with foil. Place crosswise on top of a sheet pan or jellyroll
pan filled with water.
- Bake for one hour. (Check to make sure there is still water
in the sheet pan.) After one hour, remove foil and plastic wrap.
- Bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut into 8 equal portions.
Source: Rainforest Cafe, Arizona Mills — Tempe, Arizona
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes