Ralph and Kacoo's Crawfish and Corn Soup
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 3 tablespoons
- 1 (17 ounce) can cream style corn
- 1 onion, finely chopped
can diced Ro*Tel tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- Black and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 pound fresh
crawfish tails, fat on
- Heat bacon fat and mix in the flour to make a roux. Cook roux to a light brown
peanut butter color. (Stir constantly so that the roux will not burn.)
- Add the onions
and garlic and smother in the roux. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the crawfish and both corns and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream
and Ro*Tel tomatoes and simmer over medium heat until soup starts to thicken.
salt and peppers if desired.
A raw baking potato can be diced and sauteed with the onions to give flavor
and also help thicken the soup.
Source: wbrz.com - Ralph and Kacoo's, New Orleans, Louisiana