- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Nonstick vegetable spray
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup grated
Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 cup finely diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 12 (1-inch-thick)
slices mozzarella cheese (approximately 3-inches long by 1-inch wide)
center.html" startspan -->
- Prepare crepe batter. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. When well
combined, whisk in flour until smooth. Set aside to rest for at least one hour.
- Heat a 6-inch, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly spray pan and
return to heat. Pour a scant 1/4 cup of batter into the pan, swirling to cover the
bottom evenly. Cook for about 30 seconds or until it is just set and the bottom
is lightly browned. Turn the crepe over carefully with spatula. Cook for an additional
15 seconds or until set. Remove from pan and place on a piece of waxed paper. Continue
cooking and stacking, placing a square of waxed paper in between each crepe, until
all batter has been cooked. You may end up with 14 crepes, two are allowed for breakage.
- Prepare filling. Using a wooden spoon, combine ricotta, egg yolks, diced mozzarella,
Pecorino Romano cheese, salt and pepper until well-blended.
- Lay crepes out in a single layer. Place a heaping tablespoonful of the ricotta
mixture in the center at the top of the crepe, spreading out to the edges. Fold
the ricotta-covered portion over onto the crepe. Fold the edges in and roll into
a firm packet.
- Spread marinara sauce over the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Lay rolled
crepes on top of the sauce. Put a slice of mozzarella on top of each rolled crepe.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven until filling is hot and cheese has melted,
about 20 minutes.
- Serve, allowing 2 pieces per person.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 688 From fat: 332 Percentages
of daily value based on 2,000-calorie diet
Total Fat 37g 57% Saturated Fat 19g 97% Cholesterol 245mg 82% Sodium 1988mg
83% Carbohydrate 50g 17% Dietary fiber 1g 3% Sugars 6g Protein 42g Vitamin A 60%Vitamin
C 37% Calcium 90% Iron 21
Posted by GayleL at recipegoldmine.com
Source: Rao's Restaurant, New York City - from Rudy2 October 26, 2000 07:12