Rao's Restaurant "Tony Soprano's" Roasted Peppers
Rao's has been in operation for over 100 years, closed on weekends and reservations
are sold out for months.
- 6 peppers
- 1/2 cup fine quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat broiler. Broil peppers, blackening skin on all sides. Remove and place in
paper bag as so to "steam" the skins free from the flesh.
- When cool, remove skin, stems and seeds, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips.
Let skins stand in colander for approximately 3 hours or until most of the moisture
has drained off.
- Combine all ingredients and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Serve with
fresh Italian bread.
Source: Rao's Restaurant in Harlem, NY.