Razz's Restaurant & Bar
Herb and Garlic Seafood Cake Sauce
This is excellent over seafood cakes of all kinds!
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons herbs, chopped (tarragon, basil, cilantro, marjoram, chives, etc.)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces butter (at room temperature)
- Sauté shallots until translucent in saucepot. Add garlic; stir.
- Add tomatoes and cook for approximately one minute.
- Add half of herbs and cream. Simmer until
reduced by half or until desired consistency.
- Add lime juice and remaining herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper, gradually adding butter.
Source: Razz's Restaurant & Bar - Scottsdale, Arizona