Royal Palms Pine Nut Dressing
- 1/8 cup toasted almonds
- 1/8 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon tarragon
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley
- 1 ounce egg yolk (slightly more than half a large egg yolk)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blend nuts, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, tarragon, parsley and egg yolks.
- Slowly add oils and vinegar, alternating to keep a velvety consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and adjust consistency with water.
Yield: about 10 servings
Approximate values per serving: 224 calories, 24 g fat, 36 mg cholesterol,
1 g protein, 1 g carbohydrates, 0 fiber, 5 mg sodium, 96 percent calories from fat
Source: Royal Palms, Phoenix, Arizona