Roy's Cafe Chili
This is a large quantity recipe.
- 20 pounds chili meat
- 2 (6 pound 12 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 12 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 tablespoons crushed chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons garlic
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 15 tablespoons paprika
- 8 cups diced fresh onion
- Cooked beans, to add later
- Place the cubed meat in a large roaster in a preheated 400 degree F oven to brown. Stir frequently until done.
- Add remaining ingredients and set oven at 375 degrees F.
- Cover and bake the chili for 3 hours in the oven.
- Freeze chili in blocks to be thawed and served later.
- Keep a fresh pot of beans on the stove to add to the chili just before serving.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 6/24/01 10:42:02 pm.
Source: highdesert.com - Roy's Cafe in Amboy, California, from The Route 66 Cookbook: Comfort Food from the Mother Road
Roy's Cafe is owned by Herman Buster Burris, who named the place for his father-in-law.