Ruby Tuesday's Deep-Dish Apple Pie
- 1 (9 inch) frozen (Mrs. Smith's or Sara Lee) deep-dish apple pie (double crust or old-fashioned)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, divided
- 3 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 10 tablespoons frozen butter *
- 1 1/3 cups chopped walnuts
- Ice cream (optional)
- Let pie thaw at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, melt the stick of butter over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, allspice, cloves and lemon juice. Stir until well blended and sugar is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Make an X in the center of the top crust of the pie and fold back the crust. Pour the butter mixture evenly into the pie and then replace the crust. Leave 4 vent holes, sealing the rest of the pastry. (You may need to dampen your fingers to seal the pastry.)
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare topping. Grate frozen butter into a medium-size bowl. Toss the grated butter with flour, remaining sugars, remaining cinnamon and walnuts.
- Carefully wrap an aluminum foil band around the edge of the pie, creating a lip to hold topping. Sprinkle topping evenly over pie.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes then serve with ice cream, if desired.
* Butter must be frozen to grate properly. If the butter softens, you will end up with a gooey mess.
Posted by Cookin'Mom at recipegoldmine.com.