Rue de L'Espoir Lemon, Ricotta Cheese Griddle Cakes
Yield: 16 to 18 pancakes, serving 5 to 6
- 10 egg yolks
- 6 ounces melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 10 egg whites
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Fold together egg yolks, butter, ricotta cheese and vanilla extract and put aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt and lemon zest. With rubber spatula incorporate egg yolk and cheese mixture into flour mixture.
- Whip egg whites into glossy peaks and gently fold into the batter.
- Spray sauté pan with nonstick cooking spray. Over medium heat, make griddle cakes, being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
Source: Rue de L'Espoir, Providence, Rhode Island