Ruth's Chris Steak House
Warm Peppered Tenderloin Steak Salad
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
- Salad greens
- Salad mix of your choice
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, julienne strips
- 1/2 red onion, julienne strips
- 4 medium size fresh mushrooms, thin sliced
- 3/4 to 1 pound tenderloin tails, cut into fingers and rolled in cracked black pepper
- Tomato wedges
- Greek olives
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brandy or medium sherry wine
- Place green leaf lettuce and salad greens on chilled plates; set aside.
- Over medium heat, sauté red, green peppers, red onions and mushrooms in butter for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add peppered tender strips; sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, Worcestershire and brandy or sherry. cook for 1 or more minutes until done to your liking. place cooked tender tails with other cooked ingredients on top of greens (add some of the warm sauce).
- Garnish with asparagus, tomato wedges and Greek olives.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.