S & J Seafood Cafe Cajun Barbeque Shrimp
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary (measure first, then chop)
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (heads on or off)
- Spices: Mix thoroughly.
- Butter Mixture: Melt unsalted butter. Add and mix Worcestershire and granulated
- Place cast iron skillet over medium flame. Ladle 2 ounces butter mixture
into skillet. Add three teaspoons spice mixture and stir to mix well. Bring to simmer.
- Shrimp: Place shrimp in skillet and cook for 30 seconds on each side. Lower flame
(or heat) and ladle 1 1/2 ounces beer into skillet. Add 1 scoop cooked rice to the
center of skillet and pull from flame.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Garnish with kale and lemon wedges.
- (Optional: mix unused butter and spices together for drizzling
or dipping sauce, or keep for another time.)
Source: S & J Seafood Cafe, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes