Sakonnet Fish Company Restaurant Seafood Lasagna
- 1 pound sea scallops, approximately 20-30
- 1 pound shrimp pieces
- 1/2 pound chopped lobster meat
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 eggs
- 2 boxes dry lasagna sheets
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, grated
- Non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium size pot, sauté the scallops, shrimp pieces, lobster meat and butter
over medium heat, until the seafood is blanched or partially cooked. Add the white
wine, cream, and sherry. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Reserve 2 cups of this seafood
base sauce to pour over the casserole before baking. Set aside the rest.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, eggs and tomato paste. Fold the
cheese mixture into the seafood mixture left in the pot.
- Spray an 8 x 12-inch casserole pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer the lasagna into the pan beginning with lasagna sheets, then ladle the
seafood mixture over the lasagna and continue until you have completed 6 layers.
- Top the lasagna casserole with the reserved seafood base. Sprinkle with mozzarella
- Bake uncovered at 250 degree F for 2 hours.
Source: Sakonnet Fish Company Restaurant, Rhode Island