Salt Creek Restaurant Knock You Nakeds
- 1 (18.5 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup
plus 1/2 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 60 vanilla caramels,
unwrapped (one 14 ounce package)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, nuts, 1/3 cup evaporated milk and
- Press half of the batter into the bottom of a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch
glass baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for eight minutes.
- In the microwave or top of a double boiler melt caramels with remaining 1/2 cup
evaporated milk. When caramel mixture is well mixed, pour over baked layer.
with chocolate chips. Pour remaining batter on top of morsels.
- Return to oven and
bake 18 minutes (or less for gooier brownies). Let cool before cutting.
- The restaurant serves them with vanilla ice cream...a chocolate lover's dream.
Makes 16-20 bars.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 30, 2001
Source: posted by Judy/AZ 5:01:52 pm - Salt Creek Restaurant, Breckenridge, Colorado