Sambuca Jazz Cafe Maple
Chicken Cream de Brie Sauce
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 ounces freshly chopped sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black cracked pepper
- 6 (8 ounce) chicken breasts, with a slit cut on the thick side for stuffing
- Olive oil, for sautéing
- Flour, for dusting
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Cream de Brie Sauce
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped shallots
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces brie, rind removed
- 4 ounces Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken: Place chicken in large mixing bowl, add red pepper, sage, garlic, honey,
brown sugar and maple syrup, and mix thoroughly. Add bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
Place mixture in refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place stuffing in pastry bag with a wide tip. Pipe about 4 ounces of stuffing
into the pocket of each chicken breast. In a large sauté pan, add enough olive oil
to cover the bottom of the pan lightly, and heat. Dust the chicken with flour, and
sauté to brown all sides, place in oven to finish cooking for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Ladle 2 ounces of the Cream de Brie Sauce on to each of 6 plates. Slice chicken
into 6 to 7 pieces, and lay on top of sauce. Ladle 1 ounce of sauce over chicken.
Sprinkle plate with chopped parsley to finish.
- Cream de Brie Sauce: Reduce wine, garlic, and shallots by 1/2, add cream, and
simmer for 10 minutes. Reduce heat, add the Brie and mustard, and mix until smooth.
Keep warm until needed.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 7/22/01 8:23:17 pm.
Source: Recipe courtesy Sambuca Jazz Cafe, Houston, Texas