Sam's Cafe Prickly Chicken
- 16 chicken tenders
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle Cholula or other hot sauce
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups beer
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 2 cups Shredded Wheat
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 16 (10-inch) wood skewers
- Snake chicken tenders on skewers. Make batter with buttermilk, beer, eggs, hot
sauce, seasonings and baking powder. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Place chicken skewers in batter. Crumble the Shredded Wheat and mix with Parmesan.
Remove skewers from batter, allowing excess to drip off. Roll in the breading mixture.
- Fry at 350 degrees F until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Source: Chef Tudie Frank Johnson, Sam's Cafe, Phoenix, Arizona