Sam's Cafe Tequila Chicken Pasta
- 2 to 3 poblano chiles to make 1/2 cup roasted, peeled poblano strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 12 ounces grilled chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 cup mixed fresh vegetables, cut into matchstick strips
- 2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups cooked penne pasta
- 4 ounces garlic butter
- 1/4 cup gold tequila
- 1 tablespoon seeded and chopped jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Pico de Gallo (fresh salsa)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add whole peppers and heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or
until skins start to blister.
- Remove from oven and place in a paper bag for 10 minutes.
- Remove skin and cut peppers into long, thin strips.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat chicken broth over medium heat.
- Add roasted pepper, chicken, mixed vegetables and black beans.
- Add cooked pasta and simmer until vegetables and black beans are hot, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic butter and flame with tequila. Cook for about 45 seconds.
- Add jalapeno and cilantro, tossing well.
- Serve in pasta bowls and top with Pico de Gallo.
Source: Sam's Cafe, Phoenix, Arizona