Sam's by the Beach Golden Cauliflower
- Kosher salt
- 2 small heads (2 1/2 to 3 pounds) cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, each sliced into 5 pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower, and blanch
for 2 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large
skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, stir well and cook over medium-low heat. Stir gently from
time to time until golden in color and sweet in smell, about 25 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low; add a pinch of pepper and the water and lemon juice.
Simmer for a few minutes, until most of the water has been absorbed; stir gently.
- Turn the heat off, sprinkle the cilantro over the cauliflower and add salt to
- Stir and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving, or refrigerate overnight.
- Serve at room temperature.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Approximate values per serving: 202 calories, 10 grams fat (1 gram saturated),
0 milligrams cholesterol, 9 grams protein, 26 grams carbohydrates, 12 grams fiber
and 139 milligrams sodium
Source: Chef-owner Samer Elias of Sam's by the Beach in Los Angeles'