Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall Pasta Frittata
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups small diced ham
- 16 eggs
- 1/2 quart half-and-half
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, plus more, for garnish
- 8 ounces mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 10 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a sauté pan and over a high heat, add the olive oil, fresh garlic, red and
green peppers, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Let the mixture cook until vegetables
are slightly softened, and then add the spinach and ham and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture well and add it to a slightly greased 2-inch deep baking pan.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs and half-and-half, and mix well with a wire
whisk. Add the combination to the baking pan along with the Parmesan, mozzarella,
fresh basil, and spaghetti. Mix all the ingredients together gently.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the baking pan in the middle rack and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Garnish the pasta frittata with Parmesan and fresh parsley and serve.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine Sep 26 2002 12:48:26.
Source: Recipe used with permission of Danny Chacon Sam's Town Hotel and
Gambling Hall, Las Vegas, Nevada - FoodTV Show: $40 A Day