San Andreas Grill Serrano Chicken Sandwich
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 onion-cheese Kaiser rolls, toasted
- 4 slices fresh tomato
- 8 slices avocado
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* Or you can use a Mexican-style bottled marinade.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 3 teaspoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon peeled fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 dashes Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 dashes cumin powder
- 2 Serrano peppers, or fewer for less heat
- In a shallow pan, marinate chicken for 1 hour in marinade mixture (or use your
- Make up Southwest Sauce in food processor.
- Remove chicken, sprinkle
with salt and pepper and grill until done, placing cheese on top of each piece at
end of cooking to melt slightly.
- Toast rolls.
- Assemble sandwiches with tomato, avocado and Southwest sauce and eat.
- Southwest Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and process
until smooth. Let the dressing stand for at least in hour to blend the flavors.
Keep in refrigerator. There will be extra sauce, which can be used up in sandwiches,
salads or wraps.
Yield: serves 4
Source: Executive Chef Jason Hill, San Andreas Grill, Mountain High Ski Resort,