San Andreas Grill Rustic
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated
parmesan cheese, optional
- In a saucepan, melt butter with garlic. After butter melts, whisk in cream. Bring
to a simmer and set aside, keeping warm.
- Skin potatoes, or leave on for "rustic" style. Boil potatoes and drain.
- While potatoes are still hot, mash them, whisking in a cup of butter-cream mixture
at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional) and salt and pepper to taste.
Source: Executive Chef Jason Hill, San Andreas Grill, Mountain High Ski Resort,