Sassy's Cafe and Bakery Breakfast Cookies
These breakfast cookies are the perfect on-the-go option to get you and your
family going in the morning. “It’s everything good and healthy that you would
have in a breakfast,” Melody Larsen, the owner of Sassy’s Cafe & Bakery, said.
“We’re just doing it in cookie form. … You can feel good about sending your kid
to school having that for breakfast.”
Sassy's Cafe and Bakery is in Mesa, Arizona.
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup blue agave nectar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together almond butter, coconut oil, blue agave
nectar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until all ingredients are
- Add dry ingredients and mix together.
- Fold in raisins and chocolate chips. Dough will be a thick consistency.
- Scoop dough balls onto parchment covered baking tray and bake in 350
degrees F oven for 11 minutes.
Yield: 3 dozen 2-ounce cookies
Can be placed in an airtight container for up to five days. They freeze well!
Source: Sassy's Cafe and Bakery, Mesa, Arizona