St. Louis Bread Company Appetizer Roll Ups
- 12 slices Saint Louis Bread slices *
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
* Suggestions: tomato-basil, sourdough, or French loaves, sliced thin
- Mix together the cream cheese, blue cheese, green onion or chives.
- Trim crusts
from bread. Roll each bread slice with a rolling pin to flatten. Spread one side
of each piece of bread with 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Roll up tightly.
Brush with the melted butter.
- At this point you may freeze unbaked rollups 3-4 weeks
in an airtight container.
- Thaw in refrigerator before baking.
- Bake rollups at 400
degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.
Optional: Before rolling bread, add a thin layer of shaved ham.
Source: Sue Stees, St. Louis Bread Company