St. Louis Bread Company Baby Hot Browns
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces cooked turkey, thinly sliced
- 18 slices party rye or small French bread
- Dissolve bouillon cube in hot water, add half-and-half.
- In saucepan, melt butter and add flour. Whisk and cook mixture until frothy and
raw flour taste is gone. While stirring, add bouillon mixture. Stir constantly with
whisk until the sauce thickens and begins to bubble.
- Add Swiss cheese and stir until smooth. (If sauce needs thinning, heat and add a little water.)
- Assemble hot browns by placing turkey and onion on each bread slice.
- Top with sauce and crumbled bacon.
- Heat at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes, garnish with parsley.
Source: Sue Stees - St. Louis Bread Company
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.