St. Louis Bread Company Baby Hot Browns
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces
cooked turkey, thinly sliced
- 18 slices party rye or small French bread
- Dissolve bouillon cube in hot water, add half-and-half.
- In saucepan, melt butter and add flour. Whisk and cook mixture until frothy and
raw flour taste is gone. While stirring, add bouillon mixture. Stir constantly with
whisk until the sauce thickens and begins to bubble.
- Add Swiss cheese and stir until
smooth. (If sauce needs thinning, heat and add a little water.)
- Assemble hot browns by placing turkey and onion on each bread slice.
- Top with
sauce and crumbled bacon.
- Heat at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes, garnish with parsley.
Source: Sue Stees - St. Louis Bread Company