St. Louis Bread Company
Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 4 to 5 cups day-old Saint Louis French Bread, cut or torn into 1 inch pieces.
- 3 1/2 cups chocolate milk
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Place the bread pieces in a large shallow bowl and pour and milk over them, making
sure that all the bread is moistened. Allow this to sit for up to 1 hour (the longer
you soak the bread, the more moist the pudding will be).
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F and butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs well; then add the sugar and beat again until well mixed.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla and mix again. Pour this mixture over the bread and milk mixture. then
add the chopped, dried cherries and the chocolate chips. Toss well.
- Pour the pudding into the baking dish, dot with butter and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until it
is set in the middle and browned the top. If pudding starts to brown too much
cover with foil. I
- Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with cocoa powder or chocolate
- If you are a real chocoholic, add a few spoonsful of a good chocolate sauce on top.
Source: St. Louis Bread Company