St. Louis Bread Company Cinnamon-Raisin
French Toast Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 loaf Cinnamon-Raisin bread from St. Louis Bread Co.
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 gallon of your favorite ice cream
- In small bowl, mix eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Dip sliced bread into
egg mixture and place in a skillet at medium high heat.
- Grill each side of the bread for approximately 45 seconds.
- Let bread cool.
- Place one scoop of ice cream onto one piece of bread and spread.
- Place second piece of bread on top to form sandwich.
- Wrap sandwich with wax paper or plastic
wrap and place in freezer for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Yield: 6 to 8 sandwiches
Source: Sue Stees, St. Louis Bread Company