St. Louis Bread Company Coffee Bread Pudding
- 5 cups day old bread
- 1/2 cup espresso
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 3/4 ounces sugar
- 2 ounces water
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bread Pudding: Place bread in a shallow bowl. Pour espresso into
half-and-half. Pour mixture over bread and allow to soak for 1 hour.
- Beat 5 eggs. Add sugar and mix well. Add nutmeg and anilla extract; mix well. Pour mixture over bread.
- Add raisins and pecans. Dot with butter.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Serve with Caramel sauce or whipped cream
- Caramel Sauce: Combine sugar with water. Bring to boil.
Stir until sugar is dissolved. Boil syrup while swirling pan until deep golden caramel.
- Remove from heat.
- Add heavy cream (will bubble) slowly. Cook sauce over
low heat stirring until smooth.
- Add unsalted butter and stir until melted.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes