St. Louis Bread Company
Herbed Omelet Sandwich
- 1 Asiago Cheese focaccia from St. Louis Bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 8 pieces crisp bacon
- 2 large artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in an ovenproof 10-inch skillet. Cook mushrooms and
garlic at medium high heat until liquid releases and nearly evaporates. Remove from
pan and set aside.
- Beat eggs, adding salt and pepper to taste and stir in mushroom mixture and fresh
basil. Add second tablespoon of olive oil to skillet and pour in egg mixture. Cook
over medium heat for about 5 minutes until eggs are done around the edges.
- Place skillet under the broiler for an additional 3 minutes to brown top and
finish cooking the eggs.
- Slice focaccia lengthwise. Place omelet onto bread top
with bacon and artichoke hearts.
- Slice into wedges and serve immediately.
Source: Sue Stees, St. Louis Bread Company
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes