St. Louis Bread Company
Sourdough Round Sandwich
This portable picnic sandwich can be filled with your favorite meats and cheeses.
Our version has an Italian spin. It may be served warm or at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 sourdough round from Saint Louis Bread Co.
- 1/2 pound thin-sliced smoked ham
- 1/2 pound sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 small box chopped, frozen spinach, thawed and drained of moisture
- 1/2 pound thin-sliced salami
- 1 medium tomato, sliced thin
- 8 to 10 rings red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a "cap" off of the sourdough round and hollow out the inside of
the loaf (save the bread to make bread crumbs or croutons). Set half of the cheese
- Layer the sandwich ingredients into the hollow loaf in the order listed above.
Drizzle the olive oil onto the ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste, and layer
the remaining cheese on top.
- Replace the bread cap, wrap the entire loaf in heavy-duty
aluminum foil, and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until warmed through.
- Unwrap the sandwich and cool slightly.
- Slice into 6 wedges (like a pie) and rewrap in foil until ready to serve.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 9/1/02 6:43:00 am
Source: Show Me Saint Louis
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes