St. Louis Bread Company
Sourdough Round Sandwich
This portable picnic sandwich can be filled with your favorite meats and cheeses.
Our version has an Italian spin. It may be served warm or at room temperature.
- 1 sourdough round from Saint Louis Bread Co.
- 1/2 pound thin-sliced smoked
- 1/2 pound sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 small box chopped, frozen spinach,
thawed and drained of moisture
- 1/2 pound thin-sliced salami
- 1 medium tomato,
- 8 to 10 rings red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a "cap" off of the sourdough round and hollow out the inside of
the loaf (save the bread to make bread crumbs or croutons). Set half of the cheese
- Layer the sandwich ingredients into the hollow loaf in the order listed above.
Drizzle the olive oil onto the ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste, and layer
the remaining cheese on top.
- Replace the bread cap, wrap the entire loaf in heavy-duty
aluminum foil, and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until warmed through.
- Unwrap the sandwich and cool slightly.
- Slice into 6 wedges (like a pie) and rewrap
in foil until ready to serve.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 9/1/02 6:43:00 am
Source: Show Me Saint Louis