St. Louis Bread Company
Bread, Tomato and Basil Salad
- 1/2 loaf Saint Louis Bread Company sourdough
- 3/4 cup chicken or beef stock
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cubed
- 1 cucumber, halved and sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 4 tablespoons light olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 10 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Fresh lettuce leaves
- Cut the crusts off the bread before cutting into 1-inch cubes. Place the cubes
in a large salad bowl with the tomatoes, cucumber, green onion and roasted peppers.
Pour the stock over this mixture and toss well.
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and
pepper together in a glass measuring cup. Pour the dressing over the bread mixture
and toss gently.
- Finish by scattering the thinly sliced basil over the top.
- Serve immediately or chill for up to 30 minutes.
Source: St. Louis Bread Company, St. Louis, Missouri
>> RESTAURANT RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.