St. Louis Bread Company Grilled Salmon Sandwich
with Sweet-Hot Mustard
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 salmon filets, about 5 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2/3 bunch fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices Saint Louis Bread sourdough from large loaf, crusts trimmed
- Combine mustard and sugar in bowl. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons water. Add soy sauce
and 1 teaspoon oil. Set aside.
- Heat grill until very hot. Brush salmon with remaining oil; season with salt
and pepper. Grill for 5 minutes or until browned. Turn and cook another five minutes
or until done.
- Heat small skillet over medium heat and add spinach. Cook until wilted,
tossing leaves occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Toast bread and place on plates.
- Top each with wilted spinach and a salmon filet.
- Drizzle mustard sauce over top.
- Garnish with a sprig or two of fresh dill.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Sue Stees, St. Louis Bread Company