St. Louis Bread Company Stuffed French
Toast St. Louis Bread Style
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 8 thick slices St. Louis Bread Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 8 ounces St. Louis Bread Honey Walnut Lite Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first seven ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended.
Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish and set aside.
- Combine filling ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Divide and spread mixture
evenly over 4 of the bread slices. Top with the remaining 4 bread slices and press
down gently. Dip bread slices into egg batter allowing them to soak on each side
(about 30 seconds).
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter or oil on a griddle or in a large skillet over medium-high
heat and cook the bread until golden brown - about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place bread on a cookie sheet in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Source: Sue Stees, St. Louis Bread Company
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes